Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Covering it up

Ummm…. Something did happen today… but I don’t want to tell…well ... I don’t want to tell because it undermines my parking ability… but I will tell…. Have I ever been the kinda person to keep these things to myself… anything to myself, for that matter ... I forget why that’s a good thing.Aneway... this is what happened… I went shopping today at this outlet called globus… first, I went shopping without money… like that isn’t tragic enough... this guy at the parking place asks me to park in this tiny place between another car and a food cart...He claims my car will fit here… Hell...who am I to argue... I assume he knows better…at least in matters like this, I consider myself to be quite dense… it turns out, though, that probably for the first time, my judgment had been rite ... I promptly ran into the car I was trying to park NEXT to… and who said people in Chennai aren’t nice… I immediately had this hoard of people around me scheming with me as to how to avoid the owner of the car noticing what I’d done to his car… and these people went into damage control mode asap… some two people lifted my car, yes, actually physically lifted my car, another jumped in… parked appropriately for me… fixed the other car with a little covering up for me… I mean it was really super! These guys were great!

Armed with love for these people and a little panicked (and unnerved) about my parking skills, I continued with my shopping… I should tell you that I am really the ‘smile-at-everyone’ kinda gal… and yesterday, I was testing a theory that I’d been talking to earlier with a friend of mine… how we ‘look’ at each other all the time, but never really ‘see’ each other… I mean, how is it really possible to feel alone when so many people constantly surround you… and I have actually been warned by many never to make eye contact with strangers (I think this is stupid)… so, yesterday I smiled at everyone I ran into while shopping…and made eye contact… yes, I’m sure they thought I was weird… and only the men smiled back at me… but it’s a start.

More on this later… I read an interesting article earlier today… about how the line between stranger and friend is so fine; one single smile utterly wipes it away.
_________________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naay...i dont believe u got away with it...hahahahahaaa

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

es mt gira dame o teu numero

 

Post a Comment

<< Home