Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Stare and Eavesdrop

Yes, I have a staring problem! And I eavesdrop as well… not on everyone... only when I deem the conversation worthy enough to be of related interest to me. I agree it’s bad and it’s a wonder I haven’t got beaten up yet or at the least, bad mouthed (there’s a very good possibility of that having happened behind my back, though) … I can’t even boast of being adept at it…I am often caught red-handed at it… In my defense, I don’t even realize I’m doing it… it usually starts off harmless enough... Horrible shoes, a different hairstyle, tattoos, brands, clothes, kids and before you know it …I am utterly mesmerized... I find myself wondering their way of life, what dreadfulness caused them to act like that…. If they’re couples, a whole analysis starts in my mind… are they married… Are they equally matched … Are they happy… Are they arguing about something … Are they lovey dovey… No, I'm not nosey. Just overly interested. And curious.

Today was especially a good day for me. I don’t have to spend a whole lot of money to go to a discotheque or any sorta place to be entertained. Jus give me a place with enough conversations to eavesdrop on… I’ll be happy. I was at hotel Residency with a friend. My guy company today was not really enthused by this habit of mine. I was so engrossed in the next table conversation that I wouldn’t have even bothered too much if I’d been left alone at my own table. Trust me …that’s not really the best way to keep friends. Neways…There was this big guy at the next table, with his friend, who was discussing his relationship with his wife over a couple of beers. His supposedly f***ing relationship with his wife, I mite add. Why won’t the damn woman throw logic at his face? Seven hours later, I’m still wondering.

(Extract from the conversation)

Big guy: She fucking goes to the same coffee place fifty times a day. So, why the fuck does this bitch ask me what to order every time she walks in there with me…

Friend: hmmm

Me: (godd… the man calls his wife a bitch. I’m staring now… because he’s the man who just called his wife a bitch. My enemity is already formed with him. And anyway, wat’s wrong with him ordering for her...I do it all the time with my friends or whoever. I can never make up my mind what to order.)


Big guy: The thing is she isn’t dumb... she’s quite fucking capable of taking care of herself and any other motherfucker she’s with. But it’s like someone’s put it into her head that this is what a boyfriend does. He has to make up your mind for you. I hate the fucking helpless attitude.

Friend: hmmmm

Me: (my entire life is running in my mind.... have i done that with any of my friends? have i ever asked them to make up my mind for me?)


Big guy: And it doesn’t stop there…Every fucking day she calls to ask ‘where should we meet’… we don’t live in god damn New York with a hundred fucking places to choose from... There are hardly ten places to choose from in this fucking place.. so, what the fuck is the decision to be made here?

Friend: hmmm

Me: well...ya, u got a point there….


Big guy: I know and she knows that she ain’t the sound of music kinda person.. so why the fuck do I have to see that shit in my bedroom every damn nite.. I don’t see the logic in it…. I don’t see her logic in anythin’ … if she had to throw the logic at my fucking face, I’d understand.

Friend: what about the guy she’s sleeping with?

Me: (mouth open)

Big guy: well… that doesn’t piss me off. It’s all the little things that I can’t stand…that makes me want to fucking walk out on this…

Friend: so much for logic, huh?

Me: (I have made friends with big guy’s friend mentally... I want to get up and hug him now)

Big guy: u don’t fucking understand… it’s all the fucking little things that leads to that shit… and that’s fucking what I can’t deal with the bitch.

Friend: why can’t u jus put up with those?

Me: i agree with friend again...my thoughts exactly … !!!

Big guy: I don’t want a wife that I fucking have to put up with.. I put up with goddamn shit at work and every fucking thing…and this is the one fucking relationship that I will not put up with. This has to be fucking more than that. A fucking lot more. I don’t want to be in this damn fucking thing if it means I’m putting up.

Now, they both get up ready to leave and I’m left with my burger untouched. I was willing to do everything in my power to continue my conversation with them. i just had to know more...I considered the option of following them outside. But my friend ruled that out for me. Therefore, I’m home now... blogging this.

So, the next time …u see a slightly attractive stranger on the next table trying hard to look like she’s into something else… please do two things... be loud and enunciate well. ( like they say in 'friends') And yes, finish your conversation at the table. It would really help me. and keep me in peace.

Note: In the remote possibility of the two people who had this conversation coming across my blog, I apologize if I invaded your privacy. And to everyone else, I apologize on the random usage of the ‘f***ing’ word. But that’s not really my choice. That's the big guy’s fault.
_________________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is hilarious...!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Abhishek Kumar said...

Ha ha!!! lol... ! Evesdropping and Staring!! I hope this didnt happen when we went to residency!! man.... you write well!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! And I can totally relate.I don't eavesdrop but i stare. I have a crazy obsession with jeans, so I'm always trying to fiure out what brand of jeans people (mainly other girls) are wearing. Since I can always tell by the pocket detailing, I usually find myself turning around to check out some girl's booty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home