Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Insomnia

In direct contradiction to the previous post... now, i'm an insomniac.

I haven't slept more than 4 hours ANY night this week and let's just say the lack of beauty sleep is starting to take it's toll on me; dark, under-eye circles and ashen skin! Gross, I know. But the question is, what do I do about it? How in the world does one go about overcoming insomnia?

Of course the more I worry about it, the worse it gets.

It's like this:
  • 11:00 - Begin "Falling Asleep Process"
  • 11:00 to 11:30 - Pretend to fall asleep but really watch Sex and the City
  • 11:30 - Shut TV off and get serious about catching some zzz's
  • 11:30 to midnight - Inadvertently daydream (it's very productive, actually. I've planned my entire wedding this way)
  • Midnight to 12:30 - I worry
  • 12:30 to 1:00 - I worry
  • 1:00 to 1:30 - I...oh yes, worry
And just when I begin to accept the fact that sleep is something that might never happen for me, my worries become nightmares and my thoughts turn into fuzzy fragmented nonsense.

No wonder my first thought in the morning is always, "f*ck, it can't be a new day already!"

Forget about the effect my sleep deprivation is having on my health - I can't seem to string together intelligible sentences (make that ANY sentences) It's a wonder I could get through this post!

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I'm supposed to do all the worrying...TCBD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home