Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Us

And now, I can see the future all too clearly…. It would fade away so slowly, every inch of his absence would ache. I hadn't lost him, but we'd lost us...if there ever was an us to begin with. My eager anticipation of an us would have to end. A real and valid US. And his words, echoed in my head… the time when he told me how things were bound to get complicated and hurt involved. And he didn’t need those. Really, he didn't want an us.


But complicating ourselves is what I'd been dreaming about; I desperately longed for the complications. But, what I’d really done was held my head high, straightened my posture and agreed to the opposite. It took all my strength, but I had deceitfully concurred.

And I’d never thought about it again. Until yesterday when his words echoed once again in my head.

And then he called.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok now i really have to talk to you...lemme call u asap...miss ya tons..!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true expression of a complicated situation/relationship... I hope it turns out ok for you.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...I have a few questions but I dont think that was the point of this post so I'll save them..of what I assume this is about, sounds like the old non committal type. Seems like you have to figure out if you want to do the play the booty call roll or not. If it's fun for you, then more power to ya, if not. Save a little face and turn and burn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home