Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Looking back...

When I was younger, my friends and I would talk a LOT about which one of us would get married first. And like all silly little girls, there were so many of those contemplations…. Well, thankfully that was back then… I also remember a few years back, in college, having similar conversations… on a different note, though.

And now, the time has finally come. Don't get the wrong idea! I'm not engaged. But a whole crapload of people I know are. And it forces me to ask the crucial question: are they getting married because they're in love, or is it simply to piss me off? Since yours truly happens to think "it's all about her," I'll go with the latter. Nah, I'm only kidding (sort of). I'm dripping with ecstasy for all these people who at 23 and 24 have found the loves of their lives. Really, I am. But, us single folk are becoming a dying breed soon.

So my 24th year will go down in history as the year that many, many of my friends got engaged and yeah, married too. Honestly, you won’t believe the number of these I’ve been to in the last few months.

Of course, there are some that I am genuinely happy for. Like ‘BT tomorrow, for example…. there’s one of my best friend’s engagement party tomorrow nite. An intoxicated night involving a dance floor is more than calling my name. I’m going to have me some fun, engaged or not!

1 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now u really make me nostalgic...i'm still thinkin abt all the weddngs we attended sans gifts..lol so who's engagement party was dat gal? sigh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home