Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Some entertainment...

Finally. It's the day after the wedding. Sadly for my now married friend with a new last name that I'll never remember to call her by, her life is still going to be in frenzy, for the next week at least. No matter. Inside and out, the wedding was breathtaking. I hope I get to post some good pictures soon.

This morning as I was saying thank you and goodbye to my friend's mother, she said, "YOU had a great time last night!" I nodded my head in agreement and replied, "I did! I had an amazing time." She wrapped her arms around me, the way an overly concerned mother would and said, "Sweetheart, I know. We ALL know you had fun. It was obvious." Ouch! Obvious? Shit.

As I walked away, head hung low in shame, I quickly tried to retrace all the [drunken] events from the night before. And you know what? I couldn't! I couldn't because like my friend's mother said, I had a GOOD time. I had a good time being that girl; you know which girl I'm talking about. The girl who gets so trashed she spills puddles of wine all over the dance floor and somehow manages to wind up slumped in the corner with her pretty party dress pulled up over her head.

Okay, maybe that last part wasn't true. But the first part? Yeah. Sounds about right.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words; well here's hoping the photographs leave out all those parts I’m talking about!

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Pritesh Jain said...

voho... something interesting there i am sure... :)

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if no one was pissed off at you the next morning, then i think you did ok. that's my rule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home