Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hit on ?!?

After grabbing coffee at Coffee Day with a friend of mine on Sunday afternoon, I had some shopping to do with my mother. We decided to go to Shoppers Stop (the one at Chetpet). I helped my mom pick out a nice piece of jewellery for someone in family, helped another lady at the counter pick out something for her daughter in law. So, basically, I was putting on stuff for other people to make up their minds on what to buy for other people.

Once I was done with that little mission, while I was having something gift wrapped, I meandered aimlessly around the clothes section, hoping that during one of my laps I would zero in on some find. That didn't happen. But something even more miraculous did.

I was hit on. By parents.

This elderly gentleman struck up a conversation with me, and I probably wouldn’t have continued if not for his kind looking wife, smiling continously at me. So, I chatted. First, he asked if I was single. Then, the couple made some eye contact amongst themselves.

"We overheard your conversation with your mother" He said.

"Excuse me?!" I replied, clearly perplexed.

"’About the online tamil matrimonial website… " He continued.

"Ohhh… that wasn’t about me… that was my brother we were talking about…. !" I blurted.

"Yes! See we have a son and he's 25. He’s in the US and he’s been trying the whole online matrimonial thing. And when we saw you, we just knew we had to approach you. You have a very friendly smile and a pleasant demeanor and we were wondering if you’d be interested."

"Wow! Um, I don’t know what to say"

They said a few more nice things their son. And then, some more nice stuff about me.

"Thanks," I responded, half flattered, half scared, "I appreciate that, it's very nice of you to say..."

I had no intention of having my mom run into these people in the midst of a conversation like this. So, I quickly wrapped it up.... Told them that they were such sweet people to say all those nice things to me. They invited me to come home and told me that I absolutely had to keep in touch with them.

So, that was the strange bit for this evening. Neways, I usually don’t walk up to strangers who gesture to me….. but, I guess they jus’ seemed so non threatening.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Da Rodent said...

hehe.. that was quite funny.. really.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger ScarS said...

With the world wide web(www), the world is now a much smaller place to live in.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Amateur Blogger said...

Moral of the story: Appearances can be deceptive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home