Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Passion Defined

If you had to ask a lot of people what passion was, you’d get a lot of answers. At this point of time, this is what makes sense to me the most - Passion is the energy that comes from bringing more of ‘YOU’ into what you do. (Definition idea borrowed from my favorite author on the subject of passion – Curt Rosengren)

But how important is passion at work? Apparently not as much as it’s made out to be. Or at least, it’s not an absolute must for a successful and fulfilling life. Maybe the people who find their passions only when they’re 40 are really the lucky ones, because they are able to differentiate between just their competencies and their true passion. Imagine if you had to find out at a much later year, that you were wrong and had to find out that your chosen career is not your passion and you're captive to a career at that time. If you have passion for your occupation, great! But if you don’t, that’s not too bad either.

All things considered, it distresses me that I have not identified my occupational passion yet. Then again, maybe I just need to experience a lot of things to really know what my passion is. And while I’m doing that, I can focus on what brings out more of ‘me’ and the things I like to do - till I find the kind of job that is really an extension of who I am. That sounds like the right thing.
_________________________________________________________

5 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Gaurav Kumar said...

i always wanted to be astronaut to see the earth from moon, i always wanted to be a doctor to save someone life, i always wanted to be educationalist to teach poor children....i wanted to me someone, i guess i should have been more specific.

Now, i working with a BIG US MNC as senior engineer, but my herat lies sonmewhere else...feel like runing on sand and looking back my footprints, just want a break from life....

ur post made me think all about what i always wanted to be, but today i am the world wanted me to be.

Good or bad, i accept.

Thanks,
Phoenix.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arti ....Right, u made me think...and i mean...really think. I always find myself in the end of a forked road, forced to make a decision; it is a kind of a complacency and somehow have grown to enjoy that. It scares the day light outta me sometimes, but I also know that i'm smarter than that. I do manage to bring "me" into whatever I do, but for some reason nothing goes the way i'd prefer to;

Was listening to Deepak Chopra the other day, and what he said struck a nerve for me. He said all trouble starts when we start getting judgemental about the events of our lives. Its not like i didnt know, but as humans dont we all need constant reassurance.

So have decided to take one day at a time, tht doesnt mean that i'd be a mere spectator to the events of my life...but i shall take each day with all the passion thts due & shall take charge eventually...!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Pushan Sikdar said...

dnt know...but cnt we develop passion...cnt we rediscover joy in the work we do..when i was kid i read a book called fish..which till now has lot of impact on me..but i liked d blog most itz really well writen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home