Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sand Prints

For a long time now, The beach has been the best place to think for me, to relax, to hang out with friends… to jus feel more alive than ever! It becomes the place I want it to be … sad and quiet when I’m unhappy, full of dance and life when I’m happy, jus does its own thing when I have other things on my mind…. Or if I want to get my legs wet..well, that’s of course, the most fun : ) ! And yes, there is the sunrise and sunset… wow…what a high to watch those! And it always has the best advice...it shows me what I think... and if nothing else works, it jus' asks me to smile some more, laugh some more, dance some more, live some more... Come to think of it, that's exactly what my frnd Rathi allways tells me...

k..no more boring general statements… this happened a while back on one of my visits to the beach – the one near tidel park, chennai- (the stretch with the white compound and all, if you know the place)… t’was around 4.45 in the morning, I think…. One of those Sunday mornings when I was determined to watch the sunrise, no matter what…. The sun was taking forever to show up … I abandoned my chappals and my bag down by the shore, where I thought I’d keep ‘em in sight … gave in to my temptation to walk along the shore.. I usually consider Chennai a relatively safe place and don’t care where I leave my things beco’z they almost always turn up … no one’s ever stolen anythin from me here..And anyway, Am usually careless and forgetful – and make no attempts to change me…I hate this bt me, though… I care deeply bt all my material possessions : ) .Wish I cld be more careful ‘bt them.

Back to what I was saying… I was lost in my world… I counted my steps, lost complete track of where I started from, collected all kinds of shells – my pockets were full of ‘em, even made friends with a grandfather type person; who had a brilliant sense of humor and his dog; with a not-so-brilliant sense of humor. We won’t get into that,though….I reckon, t’d been bt an hour and half becoz by then, the sun was quite bright… this is when I generally lose it, I hate h e a t..it’s strange how u can luv something so much jus’ a while bac and again, luv it during sunset and yet, loathe it during the day..wonder if this holds good for people too?!? (should think bt that….) ..’neways, this is when I can’t wait to get back into my nicely air-conditioned car… and of course, all days have to have something characteristic ‘bt them …in this case, t’was ‘win some, lose some’ … I lost my chappals and bag for the day.

My footprints on sand!


_________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home