Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happy 75 th year!

Below is what I wrote to my adorable grandpa for the so-cool magazine my family put together for his 75th bday in print and some of my co-grandkids are in the process of putting together a website, dedicated to him - something like a tribute - http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg663p/

Most of my family leads overwhelming, harried lives and time and again, we all just lose the motivation to keep in touch... and my grandpa, through his 75th bday, has yet again brought his all-around-the-world family so much closer and together. And today, it's running through my head that there is a chance that my future children won't get to know their incredible grandfather. And that scares me.

"Today, June 04th, marks Raghu Thatha's 75th year.

Yes, SEVENTY-FIFTH YEAR! And at his young age, he still leads an extremely active life, is more energetic than most people I know – some even half his age, is so full of knowledge on matters old and new, manages to keep tabs on all his children, and countless number of grandkids (I say countless because truly, there are so many I can’t count), and no matter where he goes, is always, ALWAYS the best. He and Sachu Paati together, make the simple things of life – love, faith and laughter and smiling so contagious.

There are a lot of things I’m thankful for this year, but the main and truly most important, is my grandparents. I am confident that my grandparents have angels. They must. After all that they’ve been through, the fact that they are still here, living and breathing and loving, is a miracle. I am so thankful for you both – and for all the little joys you have brought to our lives, for the smile you bring to our faces, and for being you –I toast to good times, good health and good family! I wish you both many, many more happy, HAPPY years to come. "

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur grandpa sounds adorable.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading the print out on my way back home from work and I think made a fool of myself by shedding a few tears in public. But, who cares...

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger The Black King said...

My best wishes to your grandparents for this... you're really fortunate to have them.

And I laughed loud reading your last post --- 5 different men congratulated before you could find the groom? :D :D

P.S. - That 60 things about you post was a nice read too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home