Itzme_Rt

Hey..This is Arti. My head always speaks a language I don't understand.... I hope my pen speaks a language you understand.

Friday, September 09, 2005

The best part(s) of the day for me...


Those of you, who have worked, at some point of life in the BPO industry will understand what I’m talking ‘bt better than the others…

Like most of you know, I am currently a part of the BPO industry (soon to become a part of the KPO- when the BPO industry evolves more). My day begins at 3.00 in the afternoon. For me, this is how 6.00 in the morning is for the other so-called normal (?) people. I go on with my afternoon duties, and am out of home at around 4.30. This is when my cab picks me up. Contrary to conversations you might have picked up here and there, these cab rides to work are most enjoyable, especially if the cabs are air-conditioned. I am a very modern-technology person… So, I obviously give air-conditioning a good percentage of importance to rate the overall experience. And, like in the picture- a typical cab pickup would be a Qualis, Sumo or an Indica. Anyways, what these cab rides opens up to you…. Approximately 7 different people who, otherwise; you probably would never have known in such close proximity (in 2 ways - u know what I mean), a cab driver who’s usually damn good fun (mine’s the best!), a joyride through the streets of Chennai – this is beautiful when you’re traveling back home in the wee hours of the morning…and what am I missing? Oh yes…. cab music…this is usually a choice of the masses…. And here, in chennai, you obviously know what it’s got to be… of course, all the latest koothu songs and the likes. I can’t remember when I’ve ever been so up-to-date with Tamil music. I often surprise people, these days, when I’m humming some of the songs that they’d never have perceived me to know. (Parents are the ones who are shocked mostly)

‘Neways, for a recap, these cab rides are awesome. Some of the good things bt them are …… a lot of fun, good way to make friends, a taste of the local music, thorough knowledge of all the tea shops in town and lots more. One of the best things is, of course, we always, invariably avoid peak traffic hours. So, there is such a thing as enjoyable commuting after –all!

The other best things of a normal day for me would be… wait, lemme think…. My first morning coffee at home (in my case afternoon coffee)…. Second one from the treasured coffee machine at work (we had to fight for this…that why it’s treasured), the cab ride in-between (naturally), food time at work (which is always), gmail time at work (again, always!), smoke breaks (three times a day), gossip breaks (happens simultaneously with work), what else…. Oh hell, I’m gonna stop now before someone here figures out what I really do at work…Update my blog !!!! What else?!?!!?!! C ya ‘ll now. Ciao.
_________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home